Amazon.com: 25% or more off clearance soccer equipment - Click here to view current selection.
Practice How to Kick a Long Pass
Here are the key points to practice when trying to do a long driven pass in football.
- Picture an image of where you want the ball to go in your minds eye – practice the imagery and it will become second nature.
- Don’t approach the ball straight on. Approach from an angle.
- Keep upright but also lean back ever so slightly.
- Plant your non-kicking foot just slightly opposite and behind the ball and keep well balanced as you follow through
- Strike the ball with the laces of your boot.
- Hit the bottom half of the football as this will ensure height to the pass when you follow through.
- Ensure you keep a strong ankle when you strike the ball
- Don’t quit on the strike – follow through in a relaxed fashion
- Follow through and across the ball
- Keep your shoulders and head steady as you kick through
- Don’t try to kick the ball to hard.
- Relax and breath as you kick
- Practice with a friend – start 20 yards apart and increase the space as you get more confident and accurate