Amazon.com: 25% or more off clearance soccer equipment - Click here to view current selection.
The objective of this coaching activity is to challenge young developing soccer players to build up possession, whilst identifying moments to attack. A reducing pass target is introduced to condition the game.
Source : @GavLevey
Drill Setup :
4v4 or similar numbers so that the intensity of the game remains high. Also setting up on two smaller pitches will allow for rotation of teams playing shorter games
The aim of the activity is for the team in possession to be patient and to complete a minimum of 6 passes before they can score.
- Once a team scores a goal they are then challenged to complete a minimum of 5 passes before they can score. Their opponents will still require to complete 6 passes.
- Each time a goal is scored the number of required passes is reduced by one.
- The winning team is the team who is in the lead at the final whistle or by a team scoring 6 goals.
- Adapt the number of passes based upon the ability of the group. Also adding in a neutral player can also enable more success due to the overload in possession.
Build up to two touch activity to place a greater emphasis upon movement and decision making.
Challenge players to score with first time finishes
3 Key Coaching Points
- Patience in possession to identify moments when to attack
- Focus on maximising the area when in possession, whilst also being compact whilst defending
- Promote creativity throughout in terms of movement, passing and 1 v 1 situations